Practise and drill simple vocabulary with ‘Doppelgänger’. In this activity we have used ‘jobs’ as the example, but you can adapt it to include any of the other vocabulary that is shared between the cards!
What You Need
5 x Pairs of DimmiDeck cards (i.e. two doctors, two builders and so on…)
- Place the cards face down at random in a 5 x 5 square, leaving one card remaining.
- Students take it in turns to try and find pairs of matching cards using their memory.
- They can turn over two cards per turn. When turning the first card, they must say the job of the character on it. ‘Doctor’ or ‘she’s a Doctor’ depending on their level.
- If they find a pair, they can remove the cards and keep them as ‘one point’.
- The final card matches the one that you kept out of the game, so no-one gets a point for this!
- The winner is the person with the most cards at the end.
- Feedback and re drill all the card’s characters once more at the end of the game.