Students make sentences using prepositions of place.
What You Need
12 x Free DimmiDeck cards
Suggested Lesson Plan
This is a simple PPP lesson plan – Presentation and Practise and Production.
This activity assumes that you have previously studied prepositions of place with your class and is intended as a warm up, a further practise activity or a revision activity.
- Elicit the prepositions of place from the students and mind map them. For this exercise they need on, under, in, next to, behind, in front of and between.
- Provide students with the following gap fill sentences either on the board or on a worksheet:The student is ___ the park, holding a book ___ him
The vet is walking ___ two dogs
The snake is ___ the waitress
The hat is ___ the farmer’s head
The secretary is stood ___ a desk
The teacher is stood ___ the blackboard
- Show each card in order and revise the prepositions with the students. Complete the gap fill together using the images.
- Clarify MPF and provide extra real-world examples as needed.
- Give each pair of students two or three cards.
- In pairs, have them write sentences using prepositions of place describing each card. Encourage them to use each preposition at least once between the different cards
- Monitor and assist with any new vocabulary.
- Feedback as a class and peer correct as necessary.
For a freer production activity, have the students make sentences in pairs about the location of things in their classroom. For extra practise and a more kinaesthetic activity, try out ‘Where’s the Doctor?’